Fall Swing Dance Weekend – November 11 & 12
A weekend of workshops and dancing in the heart of the Willamette Valley.
Get ready for a weekend of dancing, learning, and fun with instructors from Portland and Eugene. Saturday’s dance will feature live music from Boy and Bean of Portland.
For beginning, intermediate, and advanced dancers.
Saturday, November 11
- 10:45 a.m.: Doors open/ Warm-up at Odd Fellows Hall
- 11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.: Lindy footwork and rhythm variations (Intermediate) with Nika and Nick:
Experiment with fitting unconventional footwork and new rhythms into shapes you already know.
- 12:10 p.m. – 1:10 p.m.: Slow Lindy (Intermediate) with Austin & Kali
- 1:10 p.m. – 2:10 p.m.: Lunch Break
- 2:10 p.m. – 3:10 p.m.: Mixing 6 & 8 Counts (Beyond Beginner) with Austin & Kali
- 3:20 p.m. – 4:20 p.m.: Solo Jazz (All levels) with Nika:
This class will cover traditional solo jazz movements, as well as styling options and tips on experimenting if you are more comfortable with the material.
- 7:00 – 8:00 p.m.: Drop-in beginner swing lesson
Sunday, November 12
- 1:30 – 2:30 p.m.: Beginning Balboa with Rod & Emily:
Learn the basics of footwork and connection, including moves like the come around and send-out.
- 2:40 – 3:40 p.m.: Beyond Beginning Balboa with Rod & Emily:
Expand on basic knowledge with variations.
- 4:00 – 6:00 p.m.: Afternoon Swing Dance with DJs Emily and Rod
Odd Fellows Hall, 223 SW 2nd St.
- Note: Sunday’s dance will be in the north hall (up the stairs, to the left), while all other events will be in the main hall (up the stairs to the right).
An all-access pass includes all workshops and admission to both dances. The cost is $40 in advance, $45 at the door.
A Saturday-only pass includes the daytime workshops and the evening dance. The cost is $30.
A Sunday-only pass includes both balboa workshops and the afternoon dance. The cost is $20.
A la carte
Want to take just one or two lessons? Ok! You can pay at the workshop. All lessons are $10 a la carte. Admission for Saturday’s live music dance is $10-15, sliding scale. Sunday’s dance is $5.