Spring 2017 offerings
The Corvallis Swing Dance Society and Red Star Dance Studios
are offering the following classes this spring.
Introduction to swing dance
Learn how to swing dance in this lesson series for everyone. Covers fundamental techniques of social dance and jazz movement, preparing the student for fun nights of dancing in any town.
- Dates: 4/7, 4/28, 5/19, and 6/9.
- Time: 8 - 9 p.m.
- Location: OSU Women's Building, Room 116
- Cost: $5 per class (includes dance admission)
- Drop-ins welcome
Intermediate Lindy hop
A 4-week Lindy hop lesson series for people who know a Lindy swing-out and want to learn more variations, taught by Kelley Hungerford and Nick Davis.
A 3-week beginning Charleston lesson series, taught by Lindsey Almarode and Tristan Gomez.
A 4-week beginning Balboa series, taught by Lindsey Almarode and Suyang Liu.
- Thursdays, April 20 - May 11, 7 - 8 p.m.
- Location: Odd Fellows Hall
- Cost: $40 in advance, $45 at the door
- Prereqs: Some social dance experience
- Registration will be available in late March.
Solo Jazz Step Throwdown
Work up a sweat with an hour of non-stop solo jazz madness! Strut and stroll with local instructors as they lead the class in solo jazz routines designed for minimal talking and maximum dancing.