Over the past five and half months, we've been putting together the Corvallis Swing & Blues Weekend. It's our largest and favorite event of the year, with six dance events, five live bands, DJs from around the state, community activites, and late night food.
We've got friends coming from around the Pacific Northwest as well as the local community. The event is part dance exchange, part festival, and part family reunion.
Check out the weekend schedule below:
Friday, January 23
- Swing & blues at OSU, 8:30 p.m. Cherry & the Lowboys. $12.
- Swing & blues at Majestic, doors at midnight. Breakers Yard. $15.
Saturday, January 24
- Swing & blues at Odd Fellows, 7 p.m. Lesson. Gumbo and Kevin Selfe & the Tornadoes. $15.
- Swing & blues at Majestic, doors at midnight. $12.
Sunday, January 25
- Casual dance at Imagine Coffee, 2 p.m. Swing & a Ms. Free.
- Fusion dance on the Majestic Main Stage, 8 p.m. $10.
Weekend passes are $50, and can be purchased at http://swingandblues.org. 150 passes are available.
Full details on the schedule can be found here: http://swingandblues.org/schedule/.
Winter 2015 dance schedule
- Friday dances at OSU: Jan 9, Jan 23, Feb 6, Feb 27, Mar 6.
- Saturday dances at Odd Fellows: Jan 24, Feb 21, Mar 14.
- Swing and Blues Weekend: Jan 23-25.
- The deadline to buy a shirt with a Weekend pass is December 30.
- Due to space limitations, we recommend reserving a Weekend pass to ensure entrance to all venues.
- See you in January!