World-class instructor Andrew Sutton will be teaching a workshop on Saturday, March 15 in downtown Corvallis.
Andrew has placed first at the U.S. Open Swing Dance Championships, and has been teaching dance around the world for over 12 years. The workshop will focus on improvisation, follow expression, arm connection, and stealing games.
- 10:00 a.m. Doors open
- 10:30 a.m. Advanced lesson. Matching the 9 arms. $15
- 11:40 a.m. All-levels lesson. Stealing games. $5
- 12:40 p.m. Lunch break
- 2:00 p.m. Intermediate lesson. Follow expression. $10
- 3:10 p.m. Intermediate lesson. Improvisation with a partner. $10
- 4:30 p.m. Doors close
The evening dance is free if you take three classes. The dance starts with a beginning lesson at 7 p.m. (taught by Andrew), with music and dancing from 8 until midnight. Andrew will be DJing the swing half of the evening, with blues to follow by OSU Blues.
The dance is at Odd Fellows Hall, 223 SW 2nd St, in Corvallis, and cover is $5-7.
For the workshop, you can show up at the door any time after 10 a.m. To reserve your spot before then, we have a form on our website: http://corvallisswing.com/portfolio/andrew-sutton-2014/.
Please contact us if you have any questions: http://corvallisswing.com/contact/.
- Saturday evening dances at Odd Fellows: April 12, May 17, June 7
- Swing 178: 5-week, intermediate lesson series on Mondays. Starts April 14.