After winning over the crowds at our Swing & Blues Weekend, Audrey Perkins is returning with Swing & A Ms. for an evening of live music at Odd Fellows Hall this Saturday, February 21.
Veteran swing dancers, Martin and Renee Norred, will be teaching the intro swing lesson before the dance.
Phil Manijak will be DJing swing music during the band break and Zach Wallace will provide tunes for the blues portion of the evening.
Oh, and the theme for the evening is puzzles.
We'll be at Odd Fellows Hall, 223 SW 2nd St, in Corvallis, and cover for the evening is just $5-7. RSVP on Facebook.
- Feb. 27: Friday Swing. OSU Women's Building. 8 pm.
- Mar. 6: Friday Swing & Blues Fusion. OSU Women's Building. 8 pm.
- Mar. 14: Downtown Swing & Blues. Odd Fellows. 7 pm. Live music.
Beginning lindy hop lesson series
Our friends, Phil Manijak and Kelley Hungerford, are teaching a 4-week beginning Lindy hop series, starting Monday, February 23.
To find out more, visit their website, http://lindyhoppers.co/.
- We'll be carpooling down to Eugene for Tracktown Swing's next swing dance on March 7.
- We're planning intermediate swing workshops for spring term.