Registration open for Swing & Tango Weekend
It’s less than two weeks until our biggest event of the fall, Corvallis Swing & Tango Weekend.
On Friday, November 13, instructor Noah Brenner and DJ Kella Hanna-Wayne are traveling from Eugene to bring Argentine tango to Corvallis. The evening features two workshops followed by a dance.
Saturday is all about about swing: fast, hot, and slow. National dance champions, Josh and Emily, will cover fast with two balboa workshops. Rising stars, Nika and Mateo, will be teaching Lindy hop. Our own Kelley Hungerford will finish of the afternoon with slow Lindy. The weekend will conclude with a special swing and blues dance, DJ’d by workshop instructors and Mr. Rian Pfund.
Check out the full weekend schedule and instructor bios at corvallisswing.com.
Friday Swing at OSU
This week, it’s Christina Neumann’s DJ debut. Phil and Casey S. will be teaching the beginner lesson.
- November 6: Friday Swing at OSU. 8 p.m.
- November 13-14: Corvallis Swing & Tango Weekend.
- November 14: Downtown Swing & Blues. 7 p.m.
- November 19: Swing dancing at the Corvallis Arts Walk. 5 p.m.
- November 20: Friday Swing at OSU. 8 p.m.
Members of our community are teaching three different series classes at Odd Fellows Hall this November. Hannah and Lindsey are teaching blues while Phil and Kelley are teaching two swing series.
- Beginning Blues: Thursdays, Nov. 5 – Dec. 3, 7 – 8 p.m.
- Partner Charleston: Thursdays, Nov. 5 – Dec. 3, 8:30 – 9:30 p.m.
- Intro to Lindy hop: Tuesdays, Nov. 10 – Dec. 1, 8 – 9 p.m.
Click on the class titles for more information.