After a quiet summer, we’re excited to start dancing again.
This fall, we’re looking forward to an updated beginner lesson series; live music at our October Odd Fellows dance; and a weekend of workshops and dancing in November.
First dance of the term
Friday swing returns with snacks, sweet tunes, solo jamming, and the steal circle.
- 8:00 pm – 9:00 pm : Beginner lesson focusing on swing connection taught by Ellen and Laurel
- 9:00 pm – 11:00 pm : Dancing to swing music DJed by Phil, Laurel, and Lindsey
Fall 2015 dance schedule
- Friday dances at OSU: Oct. 9, Oct. 23, Nov. 6, Nov. 20 and Dec. 4.
- Saturday dances at Odd Fellows: Oct. 17, Nov. 14, and Dec. 12
- Swing & Tango Weekend: Nov. 13 – 14
Beginning swing lessons for everyone
Swing 106 is an additive beginner swing lesson series. A variety of 6 and 8 count swing movements are taught along with the fundamental concepts of connection, frame, pulse, momentum, and musicality.
Each lesson includes a warm-up activity, new movements, music, and fun.
Lessons are every other Friday starting October 9, from 8 – 9 p.m. in Women’s Building, room 116.
- Save the date: November 13-14 is Swing & Tango Weekend, featuring workshops, dances, and guests from afar.
- Want to get involved? Email us and we’ll let you know how you can help. 🙂