Our first dance of the winter season is this Friday, January 15 at OSU. It’s got all of our Friday swing staples: snacks, sweet tunes, solo jamming, and the steal circle.
Starting at 8 p.m., Phil and Casey S. will be teaching a lesson on Charleston movement. Corvallis swing DJs Lindsey, Laurel, and Zach will keep the night going with their favorite songs from 9 – 11 p.m.
6th Anniversary Celebration
On Saturday, January 23, we’re celebrating the community we’ve built over the last six years. Join us for an evening of dancing, cake, and memories, old and new.
Our friends, Nika Jin and Mateo Palfreman of Track Town Swing Club, will be teaching the beginning swing lesson. Mateo and Corvallis Swing co-founder, Phil Manijak, will keep the music going for the next three hours.
- 7 – 8 p.m.: Beginner swing dance lesson
- 8 – 11 p.m.: DJed swing music
We’ll be at Odd Fellows Hall, 223 SW 2nd St., and the dance is free of charge.
Winter dance dates
- Friday swing dances at OSU: Jan. 15, Jan. 29, Feb. 12, Feb. 26 and Mar. 11.
- Saturday swing dances at Odd Fellows Hall: Jan. 23 and Mar. 5
- Corvallis favorite, Gumbo, now plays every 1st, 3rd, and 5th Wednesday at Old World Deli from 7:00 – 8:30 p.m.
- We will be dancing at the Corvallis Arts Walk on Thursday, January 21, 5:45 – 6:45 p.m.
- See you on the dance floor! 🙂