It’s the middle of the winter season and we’ve got two OSU swing dances this month.
This Friday, February 12 at 8 p.m., Lindsey and Ellen will be teaching a lesson on 8-count swing. Corvallis swing DJs Sophie, Laurel, and Eileen will keep the music going with their favorite songs from 9 – 11 p.m.
We’ll be at the OSU Women’s Building, in room 116, and cover for the evening is $5.
Live music in March
Among the finest young roots-oriented acts on the west coast, Jacob Miller and the Bridge City Crooners have taken the hot jazz of the 20’s & 30’s and combined it with country blues, western swing, and ragtime styles to create an irresistible sound that satisfies dancers and listeners alike.
The beginner Charleston lesson will be taught by Rachael Ries and Gene Yoo of Portland. Rachael will also DJ during the band breaks.
- 7 – 8 p.m.: Beginner lesson on Charleston
- 8 – 11 p.m.: Live music from Jacob Miller and the Bridge City Crooners
We’ll be at Odd Fellows Hall, 223 SW 2nd St., and cover for the evening is $10-15, sliding scale.
- February 12: Friday Swing at OSU. 8 p.m.
- February 18: Swing Dancing at the Corvallis Arts Walk. 5:45 p.m.
- February 26: Friday Swing at OSU. 8 p.m.
- March 5: Downtown Swing Dance at Odd Fellows Hall. Live music. 7 p.m.
- Save the date: Saturday, April 9: Swing dance workshops with guest instructors, Joel and Stephanie, of Boise, Idaho.
- See you on the dance floor! 🙂