We’re excited to be back with more dancing and classes in 2018. This month marks the 8th anniversary of the Corvallis Swing Dance Society. We are grateful to everyone in the community for supporting us over the years. Thank you!
Dance on Friday
Join us for our first dance of 2018 this Friday, January 12 at OSU.
- 7:45 p.m.: Doors open
- 8 – 9 p.m.: Beginner swing lesson with Tiana and Tristan
- 9 – 11 p.m.: Dancing to music DJed by Becca, Tiana, and Lindsey
We’ll be at the OSU Women’s Building, and cover for the evening is $5.
Lindy 1: Introduction to Lindy Hop
In our premier lesson series, we’ll teach you the basics of our favorite dance, Lindy hop. This 5-week class will cover 8-count footwork, promenade, swing-out, Lindy circle, and turns. Join us on Thursdays, starting January 18 from 7:30 to 8:30 p.m. at Odd Fellows Hall.
For more information and advanced registration, visit: corvallisswing.com/lindy-1
8th Anniversary Celebration
Come celebrate with us, whether it’s your first time, you’re a regular attendee, or you’ve been away for a while. You’re invited to our free anniversary swing dance on Saturday, January 27.
Corvallis Swing co-founder, Phil Manijak, is returning to teach and DJ. Joining him in the DJ booth, is friend of the scene and DJ extraordinaire, Kristin Buxton of Eugene.
We’ll be at our favorite venue in town, Odd Fellows Hall, from 7 to 11 p.m.
- Friday, January 12: Friday Swing at OSU
- Saturday, January 13: Track Town Swing Club’s Live Music Dance
- Thursday, January 18: Lindy 1 series begins
- Saturday, January 27: 8th Anniversary Swing Dance
- We have volunteer opportunities at every dance and in between. Contact us if you’d like to help out. 🙂