Our final dance of the spring season is this Saturday, June 4. Local band, Swing & A Different Ms., featuring vocalist Leigh Ann Starcevich, will play two hours of live swing music.
Instructors Rian Pfund and Emma Ehret will teach the beginning swing lesson this month. DJ Eileen Tokuda will provide music during the band breaks and Phil Manijak will close out the night.
- 7 – 8 p.m.: Beginner swing dance lesson with Rian Pfund and Emma Ehret
- 8 – 11 p.m.: Live music from Swing & A Different Ms. and DJed music from Eileen and Phil
We’ll be at Odd Fellows Hall, 223 SW 2nd St., and cover for the evening is $10.
Due to the summerlike heat, we’re breaking out the extra fans and ice for this dance.
During the summer we take a break from our regularly scheduled Friday and Saturday dances. This year, we’re hosting the following events:
- Thursday, July 21: Dance in the Park. 7 p.m.
- Thursday, September 1: Swing Family Picnic. Live music from Breakers Yard. 6 p.m.
Red Star Dance Studios Workshops
Red Star Dance Studios is offering two upcoming swing dance workshops. Click the links below for more information.
- Thursday, June 2: Workshops in Lindy Hop. 7:30 – 9:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, June 7: Solo Jazz Step Throwdown. 7:30 – 8:30 p.m.