After a quiet summer, we’re excited to start dancing again.
This fall, we’re looking forward to the return of our regularly scheduled dances; monthly workshops; and a weekend of workshops and dancing in November.
First dance of the term
Friday swing returns on September 30 with snacks, sweet tunes, solo jamming, and the steal circle.
- 8:00 pm – 9:00 pm : Beginner lesson on 6-count swing, taught by Zach and Annie
- 9:00 pm – 11:00 pm : Dancing to swing music DJed by Sophie, Laurel, and Zach
Fall 2016 dance schedule
- Friday dances at OSU: Sept. 30, Oct. 21, Nov. 4, and Dec. 2.
- Saturday dances at Odd Fellows: Oct. 15, Nov. 19, and Dec. 10
- Corvallis Swing Weekend: Nov. 18 – 19
Monthly Swing Dance Workshops
In partnership with the Corvallis Swing Dance Society, Red Star Dance Studios is putting on monthly swing dance workshops downtown. Each month has a different theme and a variety of instructors.
- Next class: Saturday, September 24, 1 – 4 p.m.
- Theme: Fundamentals of swing dance (all levels)
- Topics: Pulse, half-time, positive partnership, and Lindy swing-outs
- Location: Odd Fellows Hall, 223 SW 2nd St.
- Save the date: November 18-19 is Corvallis Swing Weekend, featuring workshops, dances, and guests from afar.
- Want to get involved? Email us and we’ll let you know how you can help.