Happy new year! We have one more regular dance before our 10th anniversary weekend event. Our first dance of the year is Friday, January 10 at OSU.
- 7:45 p.m.: Doors open
- 8:00 – 9:00 p.m.: Beginner swing lesson with Tiana Tom and Natalie Harris
- 9:00 – 11:00 p.m.: Dancing to music DJed by Bailey Keefe, Pierre Carr, and Laurel Thompson
We’ll be at the OSU Women’s Building, and cover for the evening is $5.
Corvallis Swing Weekend
We’re celebrating our 10th anniversary at the end of the month by throwing a 3-day dance party, featuring live music from Stealin’ Apples Jazz Band with Jen Hodge, Cherry Blossom Hot 5, and Breakers Yard. Join us January 31 – February 2 for over 18 hours of music and dancing, special guest DJs, evening and late night dances, snacks, and community activities.
Check out the schedule of events at: corvallisswing.com/o/weekend-2020
Registration is available at our special registration website.
The deadline for housing applications is January 17 and the deadline for ordering a t-shirt is January 13.
Upcoming Lesson Series: Collegiate Shag
This month, we’re teaching a 4-week Collegiate Shag series on Mondays, starting January 6, 7:00 – 8:30 p.m. Collegiate Shag is partner dance that originated in the 1930s, known for its high energy and hopping basic step. This class is open to all ages and all levels. Cost for this series is $35 in advance or $40 at the door.
For more information and to register, visit: corvallisswing.com/o/collegiate-shag
- Friday, January 10: Friday Swing Dance at OSU
- January 31 – February 2nd, 2020: Corvallis Swing Weekend
- Friday, February 21: Friday Swing Dance at OSU
- Saturday, March 7: Downtown Swing Dance