Join us this Saturday, February 23 for our monthly downtown swing dance at Odd Fellows!
Downtown Swing Dance
Join us for our Downtown Swing Dance this Saturday, February 23 at Odd Fellows. We’ll be celebrating Black History Month, commemorating some of the most influential people in Swing Dance, such as Frankie Manning, Norma Miller, “Shorty” George Snowdon, Willa Mae Ricker, and many more. Come learn the history of Lindy Hop!
- 6:45 p.m.: Doors open
- 7 – 8 p.m.: Beginner swing lesson lead by OSU instructor, Marc Green
- 8 – 10:30 p.m.: Dancing with Swing Music from Nick Davis and Kristin Buxton of Eugene
We’ll be at Odd Fellows Hall, our downtown location, and cover for the evening is a sliding scale of $7-10.
Want to help make this event a success? Contact us here to get involved.
Friday Swing Dance at OSU
We’ll be holding out last Friday Dance at OSU of Winter Term on March 8th. There will be a lesson and Corvallis Swing staples like DJed music, a steal circle, and snacks. We hope to see you there!
- 7:45 p.m.: Doors open
- 8 – 9 p.m.: Beginner swing lesson taught by Tiana Tom and Bailey Keefe
- 9 – 11 p.m.: Dancing to DJed music from Lindsey Almarode, Tiana Tom, and Johnny Schlender
We’ll be at the OSU Women’s Building, and cover for the evening is $5.
- Saturday: February 23: Monthly Downtown Swing Dance
- Mondays, Ongoing, 7:30-9: Lindy Lab continues
- Friday, March 8: Friday Swing Dance at OSU
- Saturday, March 16: Downtown Swing Dance
- We have volunteer opportunities at every dance and in between. Contact us if you’d like to help out. 🙂
- Stop by our next dance to pick up our term cards so you don’t miss out on any of our dances!