We’ll be having a dance Saturday, May 11th with live music from the Stealin’ Apples Jazz Band from Eugene
May Downtown Swing Dance
Join us for our May Downtown Swing Dance Saturday, May 11th at Odd Fellows. We’ll be having live music from the Stealin’ Apples Jazz Band.
- 6:45 p.m.: Doors open
- 7 – 8 p.m.: Beginner Charleston lesson taught by Bailey Keefe and Mark Mills
- 8 – 10:30 p.m.: Social dancing and live music from Stealin’ Apples Jazz Band
We’ll be at Odd Fellows Hall our downtown venue, and cover for the evening is $7-10.
Lindy 1: Introduction to Lindy Hop
This 3 week lesson series will run Mondays, May 6 – 20, from 7-8:30 p.m. This series will cover the basics of Lindy Hop: 8-count footwork, swing-out, Lindy circle, turns, footwork variations and more. This class is open to all ages and all levels. Individuals or partners welcome. Willingness to rotate partners is required. Cost for this lesson is $35 during pre-registration or $45 at the door. Registration is open on our website.
For more information and to register, visit: corvallisswing.com/lindy-1
Friday Swing Dance at OSU
We’ll be having our OSU Swing Dance on Friday, May 31st at OSU. This will be the final OSU dance of Spring Term, so we hope to see you all there.
- 7:45 p.m.: Doors open
- 8 – 9 p.m.: Beginner swing lesson with Lindsey Almarode and Mark Mills
- 9 – 11 p.m.: Dancing to music DJed by Tiana and Dakota
We’ll be at the Women’s Building our campus venue, and cover for the evening is $5.
- Monday, May 6: Lindy 1 Begins
- Saturday, May 11: Live Music Swing Dance
- Friday, May 31: Friday Swing Dance at OSU
- Saturday, June 8th: June Downtown Swing Dance
- We have volunteer opportunities at every dance and in between. Contact us if you’d like to help out. 🙂