Coming up next Friday, October 26, we’re hosting our Swing Dance at OSU
Friday Dance at OSU
Join us for our Swing Dance at OSU October 26th in the Women’s Building.
- 7:45 p.m.: Doors open
- 8 – 9 p.m.: Beginner 6-count swing lesson
- 9 – 11 p.m.: Dancing to music DJed by Lindsey Almarode, John Schlender, and Dakota Trufant
We’ll be at the Women’s Building, our campus venue, and cover for the evening is $5.
Lindy 2: Intermediate Lindy Hop
This 4 week lesson series will pick up where Lindy 1 left off, adding fun variations of the swing-out. It will run on Mondays, November 5 – 26, 7:30 – 9:00 p.m. This series will be $35 in advance or $40 at the door.
For more information, visit our course catalog
Fall Swing Dance Workshops
Join us for our Fall Swing Dance Workshops on Saturday, November 17 at Odd Fellows. There will be lessons for all levels of dancers.
- 12:15 p.m.: Doors open/Warm up at Odd Fellows Hall
- 12:30 – 2 p.m.: Beyond Beginner Lindy with Rachel and Rod
- 2:15 – 3:15 p.m.: Solo Jazz Musicality with Rachel (All levels)
- 3:30 – 5 p.m.: Intermediate Lindy with Rachel and Rod
- 3:30 – 5 p.m.: Beginning Lindy with Denise Steele and Tiana Tom
- 7 – 8 p.m.: Drop-in beginner swing lesson from Denise Steele and Tiana Tom
- 8 – 10:30 p.m.: Downtown Swing Dance and live music from the Cherry Blossom Orchestra
We’ll be at the Odd Fellows our downtown venue. Registration is currently live. Early Bird Registration lasts until October 17th and is $35. Pre-registration is $40, registration at the door is $45. Registration includes all workshops and entrace to the dance which will feature live music from the Cherry Blossom Orchestra. Resgister here.
- October 26: Friday Swing Dance at OSU
- Mondays, November 5 – 26: Lindy 2
- Mondays, November 12 – 26: Beginner 6-Count Swing
- November 17: Fall Swing Dance Workshops
- November 17: November Downtown Swing Dance with Live Music
- Want to get involved? Email us and we’ll let you know how you can help. 🙂