OSU Swing - October 3rd.
Swing is back! Join us this Friday, October 3rd, for our first swing dance this fall!
8:00 pm - 9:00 pm : Beginner lesson focusing on swing connection -- Taught by Zach Wallace
9:00 pm - 11:00 pm : DJed swing music -- DJs TBA
We'll be at the OSU Women's Building, in room 116, and cover for the evening is $5. RSVP on Facebook.
Swing & Blues Workshop Weekend - October 17th and 18th
Two days of workshops and dancing in the heart of the Willamette Valley.
We're bringing together instructors from Portland, Eugene, and Corvallis for a weekend of dancing, learning and fun. Guest instructors include Dustin Henwood (Portland), Nick Davis (Eugene), Nika Jin (Eugene), Mateo Palfreman (Eugene), and Haven Sundstrom (Eugene).
The weekend will also feature two nights of dancing to music from the valley's finest DJs.
Weekend Workshop Schedule
Friday, October 17 - A la carte pricing: $5 per workshop.
- 7:30 - 8:30 pm: Beginning swing: 6-count patterns & tuck turns, taught by Nika and Mateo
Saturday, October 18 - A la carte pricing: $8 per workshop.
- 8:30 - 9:30 pm: Beginning blues: Connect up: beginning blues with connection and tone, taught by Haven Sundstrom
- 10:30 am - 11:30 am: Advanced swing: Charleston swingouts, taught by Martin and Renee Norred
- 11:45 am - 12:45 pm: Intermediate swing: Tandem Charleston, taught by Phil Manijak
- 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm: Intermediate blues: Ebb and Flow: how to create a continual flow of energy within a partnership from one movement into the next, taught by Dustin Henwood
- 2:15 pm - 3:15 pm: Intermediate blues: Dancing small: subtle dancing with space and pauses within close embrace, taught by Jeffrey Anderson and Haven Sundstrom
- 3:30 pm - 4:30 pm: Intermediate lindy: Changing with the music, taught by Nick and Nika
Weekend Dance Schedule
Friday, October 17
Saturday, October 18
- 9:30 pm - 11:30 pm: Swing & blues dance - Free
- 7:00 pm: Drop-in beginner swing lesson taught by Nick Davis & Tiana
Friday: OSU Memorial Union, East Wing Multi-Purpose room (ground floor), 2501 SW Jefferson Way
Saturday: Odd Fellows Hall, 223 SW 2nd St.
In addition to a la carte pricing, reservations are available for the weekend, which includes all workshops and admission to both nighttime dances. The cost is $40.
All-access pass reservations available here.
- October 3rd: Swing dance at the OSU Women's Building. 8 p.m.
- October 17th and 18th: Swing & Blues Workshop Weekend.
- October 18th: Downtown Swing & Blues Dance at Odd Fellows Hall. 7 p.m.
- October 24th: Swing dance at the OSU Women's Building. 8 p.m.
- January 23rd, 24th, and 25th: Swing & Blues Weekend