January is a significant month for the Corvallis Swing Dance Society. It marks seven years since our founding. In that time, we’ve hosted over 150 dances, 15 workshop events, and 3 exchanges. Countless people have learned to dance, DJ, and teach in Corvallis.
To celebrate, we’re hosting a free swing dance at our favorite downtown venue on Saturday, January 28. We’ve invited back Corvallis Swing co-founder, Phil Manijak, to teach and DJ, alongside community stalwarts, Martin and Renee Norred.
The evening begins at 7 p.m. at Odd Fellows Hall with a beginner lesson, followed by social dancing until 11 p.m.
First Friday Swing Dance of 2017
Swing dancing returns to OSU on Friday, January 13.
- 8 – 9 p.m.: Beginner Charleston lesson
- 9 – 11 p.m.: Dancing to music DJed by Eileen, Annie, and Zach
We’ll be at the OSU Women’s Building, room 116, and cover for the evening is $5.
The Corvallis Swing Dance Society and Red Star Dance Studios are offering the following classes this January.
- Beginning Lindy Hop: Mondays, January 9 – 30
- Beginning Charleston: Tuesdays, January 10 – 31
- Beginning Balboa: Thursdays, January 19 – February 9
- January 13: First Friday Swing Dance of 2017
- January 28: 7th Anniversary Swing Dance
- February 3: Coast to Coast Swing Dance
- If you can’t wait until next week to dance, our friends in Eugene are hosting a dance this Saturday, January 7.
- Happy new year and see you on the dance floor! 🙂