There are Swing Dance Workshops coming up Saturday November 17th, followed by out monthly downtown swing dance with live music from the Cherry Blossom Orchestra! The dance kicks off with a beginner lesson at 7 p.m.
Swing Dance Workshops & Live Music Dance
Join us for our Fall Swing Dance Workshops on Saturday, November 17 at Odd Fellows. There will be lessons for all levels of dancers. After the workshops we will be having our signature downtown swing dance with live music from the Cherry Blossom Orchestra
- 12:15 p.m.: Doors open/Warm up at Odd Fellows Hall
- 12:30 – 2 p.m.: Beyond Beginner Lindy with Rachel and Mark
- 2:15 – 3:15 p.m.: Solo Jazz Musicality with Rachel (All levels)
- 3:30 – 5 p.m.: Intermediate Lindy with Rachel and Mark
- 3:30 – 5 p.m.: Beginning Lindy with Denise Steele and Tiana Tom
- 7 – 8 p.m.: Drop-in beginner swing lesson from Denise Steele and Tiana Tom
- 8 – 10:30 p.m.: Downtown Swing Dance and live music from the Cherry Blossom Orchestra
We’ll be at the Odd Fellows our downtown venue. Registration is currently live. Pre-registration is $40, registration at the door is $45. Registration includes all workshops and entrace to the dance which will feature live music from the Cherry Blossom Orchestra. Resgister here. Entrance to the beginner lesson and dance is $12-15.
Beginning 6-Count Swing
This 3 week lesson series will go over basic footwork for 6-count swing, technique, and some fun moves. This is a great class for those who looking for an introductory lesson into swing dancing. It will run on Mondays, November 12 – 26, 7:30 – 9:00 p.m. Each of the remaining classes will be $10
For more information, visit our course catalog
Friday Swing Dance at OSU
Join us for our last Friday Swing Dance at OSU of the term on November 30 at OSU at 8 p.m.
- 7:45 p.m.: Doors open
- 8 – 9 p.m.: Beginner Charelston Lesson taught by Becca Hicks and John Schlender
- 9 – 11 p.m.: Swing dancing with music DJed by Becca Hicks, Amanda Lachner, Caitlynn Dougherty, and Lindsey Almarode
We’ll be at the Women’s Building our campus venue. This dance will feature all our Corvallis staples like our beginner lesson and steal circle. No partner or experience necessary. All ages welcome. Cover for this event is $5.
- Mondays, November 5 – 26: Lindy 2
- Mondays, November 12 – 26: Beginner 6-Count Swing
- November 17: Fall Swing Dance Workshops
- November 17: November Downtown Swing Dance with Live Music
- November 30: Friday Swing Dance at OSU
- Want to get involved? Email us and we’ll let you know how you can help. 🙂