Our fall dance season begings this Friday with our first OSU dance of the academic year.
Dance on Friday
Join us for our First Swing Dance of the Term this Friday, October 11th at OSU.
- 7:45 p.m.: Doors open
- 8 – 9 p.m.: Beginner swing lesson with Tiana Michaud and Mark Mills
- 9 – 11 p.m.: Dancing to music DJed by Dakota Trufant, Anthony Maggio, and Lindsey Almarode
We’ll be at the OSU Women’s Building, and cover for the evening is $5.
Lindy 1: Introduction to Lindy Hop
This 5 week lesson series will run Mondays, October 21 – November 18, with lessons from 7-8 p.m. and additional practice time until 8:30 p.m. This series will cover the basics of Lindy Hop: 8-count footwork, swing-out, Lindy circle, turns, footwork variations and more. This class is open to all ages and all levels. Individuals or partners welcome. Willingness to rotate partners is required. Cost for this lesson is $45 during pre-registration or $50 at the door. Registration is open on our website.
For more information and to register, visit: corvallisswing.com/lindy-1-fall2019
October Downtown Swing Dance
Join us on Saturday, October 26th for our Downtown Swing Dance with guest teachers and DJs. The decor for this dance is Pumpkins.
- 6:45 p.m.: Doors open
- 7 – 8 p.m.: Beginner swing lesson with Nick Davis and Nika Jin
- 8 – 10:30 p.m.: Dancing to music DJed by Nick Davis (Eugene)
We’ll be at Odd Fellows Hall, and cover for the evening is $7-10.
- Friday, October 11: Friday Swing Dance at OSU
- Monday, October 21: Lindy 1 series begins
- Saturday, October 26: Downtown Swing Dance
- Friday, November 1: Friday Swing Dance at OSU
- January 31 – February 2nd: Corvallis Swing Weekend
Corvallis Swing Weekend
We’re celebrating our 10th anniversary of being a swing dance organization in 2020. Join us January 31 – February 2 for three nights of live bands, special guest DJs, evening and late night dances, and community activities.
Registration is opening soon, so stay tuned!
- We have volunteer opportunities at every dance and in between. Contact us if you’d like to help out. 🙂