Happy December! We have two remaining dances this year. Our final OSU dance of the term is this Friday, December 6 and our last downtown dance at Odd Fellows is Saturday, December 14.
Friday Swing Dance at OSU
- 7:45 p.m.: Doors open
- 8:00 – 9:00 p.m.: Beginner swing lesson with Lindsey Almarode and Pierre Carr
- 9:00 – 11:00 p.m.: Dancing to music DJed by Bailey Keefe, Zach Wallace, and Laurel Thompson
We’ll be at the OSU Women’s Building, and cover for the evening is $5.
Downtown Swing Dance
Our guest DJ this month is the illustrious Kristin Buxton of Eugene, who will join our own Rebecca Hicks (recently relocated to Roseburg).
- 6:45 p.m.: Doors open
- 7:00 – 8:00 p.m.: Beginner swing lesson with Tiana Tom and Emily Palmer
- 8:00 – 10:30 p.m.: Dancing to music DJed by Kristin Buxton (Eugene) and Rebecca Hicks (Roseburg)
We’ll be at Odd Fellows Hall, and cover for the evening is a sliding scale of $7-10.
Corvallis Swing Weekend
We’re celebrating our 10th anniversary in 2020 by throwing a 3-day dance party, featuring live music from Stealin’ Apples Jazz Band with Jen Hodge, Cherry Blossom Hot 5, and Breakers Yard. Join us January 31 – February 2 for over 18 hours of music and dancing, special guest DJs, evening and late night dances, snacks, and community activities.
Check out the schedule of events at: corvallisswing.com/o/weekend-2020
Registration is available at our special registration website.
Upcoming Lesson Series: Collegiate Shag
This January, we’re teaching a 4-week Collegiate Shag series on Mondays, starting January 6, 7:00 – 8:30 p.m. Collegiate Shag is partner dance that originated in the 1930s, known for its high energy and hopping basic step. This class is open to all ages and all levels. Cost for this series is $35 in advance or $40 at the door.
For more information and to register, visit: corvallisswing.com/o/collegiate-shag
- We have volunteer opportunities at every dance and in between. Contact us if you’d like to help out. 🙂
- Follow us on Facebook and Instagram for more frequent updates.