Style Your Swing. Summer Swing Events.
Style Your Swing
Join us Wednesdays at 7:30 this summer to learn new dance skills, or fine tune the ones you already have! Style Your Swing alternates lessons and practica for the first 45 minutes each week, followed by 45 minutes of dancing to DJed music.
- July 24: Practica: Connection/Frame
- July 31: Lesson: Chatleston
- August 7: Practica: Mixing Lindy and Charleston
- August 14: Lesson: Six-Count Lindy
- August 21: Practica: Stealing
- August 28: Lesson: Solo Jazz
- September 4: Practica: Musicality
- September 11: Lesson: Collegiate Shag
- September 18: Practica: Wrap-Up
We’ll be at Odd Fellows Hall our downtown venue. $5 suggested donation.
Swing Family Picnic
Thursday, August 15th, we’ll have our annual Swing Family Picnic. We’ll have food, games, dancing, and live music from local band Swangle. This is a potluck style event, bringing food or games is encouraged but not required. This event is free, so bring your friends and family out for a fun night of live music, food, and friends.
We’ll be at Starker Arts Park, located at 4485 SW Country Club Dr
Swing Dance in Independence
Sunday, September 8th, we’ll be hosting a dance at Maxine’s Ballroom in Independence. There will be carpools leaving from Corvallis if anyone is in need of transportation. Our aim is to share the culture of Swing dance a broader group of folks in surrounding areas, so come join for a night of lessons, dancing, and meeting new people.
- 6:20 p.m.: Carpool to Independence
- 7 – 8 p.m.: Intro Lesson
- 9 – 11 p.m.: Dancing to music DJed by Corvallis Swing DJs
We’ll be at Maxine’s Ballroom in Indepedence, and cover for the evening is $5.
- Wednesdays, Through September 18: Style Your Swing
- Thursday, August 15th: Swing Family Picnic
- Saturday, August 10th: Swing Dancing at the Farmer’s Market
- Sunday, September 8th: Swing Dance in Indepedence
- We have volunteer opportunities at every dance and in between. Contact us if you’d like to help out. 🙂