Dance Saturday. Winter classes and dances.
Our final dance of 2017 is happening this Saturday, December 16 at our downtown venue.
It’s a local affair this month, with teachers and DJs from the Corvallis community.
- 6:45 p.m.: Doors open
- 7 – 8 p.m.: Beginner swing lesson with Zeke and Becca
- 8 – 11 p.m.: Dancing to music DJed by Mark, Becca, and Dakota
We’ll be at the Odd Fellows Hall, and cover for the evening is $7-10, sliding scale.
Winter 2018 dance schedule
- Friday dances at OSU: 1/12, 2/9 and 3/9
- Saturday dances at Odd Fellows: 1/27, 2/24 and 3/17
This winter we’re offering the following classes.
Our beginner drop-in classes start from the basics and cover a new set of moves each time. The aim is to get you comfortably moving and having fun on the dance floor.
This class is offered before every dance (see schedule above).
Starting Thursday, January 18, we’re offering a 5-week Lindy hop lesson series. The class will cover basic 8-count footwork, promenade, swing-out, Lindy circle, and turns.
For more information and advanced registration, visit: corvallisswing.com/lindy-1
Lindy 2: Intermediate Lindy Hop
Starting Thursday, February 22, join us for a 4-week series that will continue where Lindy 1 left off, with fun variations on the swing-out.
Lindy 1 or instructor approval is required to take this class.
- Save the date: Our 8th anniversary dance is Saturday, January 27. It’s going to be a blast. 🙂