Fall Dance Schedule & Classes.
The fall season is finally upon us and with that brings the return of our regular dance schedule.
Friday Swing Returns
Join us on Friday, September 29 for our first swing dance back at OSU.
- 7:45 p.m.: Doors open
- 8 – 9 p.m.: Beginner 6-count swing lesson
- 9 – 11 p.m.: Dancing to music DJed by Annie, Tiana and Dakota
We’ll be at the OSU Women’s Building, room 116, and cover for the evening is $5.
Fall 2017 dance schedule
- Friday dances at OSU: Sept. 29, Oct. 13, Nov. 17, and Dec. 1.
- Saturday dances at Odd Fellows: Oct. 21, Nov. 11, and Dec. 16
This fall, we’ve revamped our lesson structure to make it easier to progress from a beginner to an intermediate dancer.
Our beginner drop-in classes start from the basics and cover a new set of moves each time. The aim is to get you comfortably moving and having fun on the dance floor.
This class is offered before every dance (see schedule above).
Starting Monday, October 2, we’re offering a 5-week Lindy hop lesson series. The class will cover basic 8-count footwork, promenade, swing-out, Lindy circle, and turns.
For more information and advanced registration, visit: corvallisswing.com/lindy-1
Starting the week of November 6, join us for a 4-week partner Charleston series. The class will cover basic Charleston footwork, stalls, gear turns, and hand-to-hand Charleston.
This class is great for beginners or anyone who wants to go beyond our basic Charleston lessons.
- Save the date: On November 10 – 11, we’re bringing in guest instructors to teach Balboa, Lindy hop, and solo jazz workshops.
- We’ll be at the Beaver Community Fair on campus on Wednesday, September 20, from 12 – 4 p.m. Drop by to dance with us!