Swing Family Picnic this Thursday.
This month we’re celebrating our dance community with a potluck, live music, and dancing.
Invite your friends and neighbors to this free community-friendly event.
- 6:30 – 10:00 p.m.: Potluck and music
- 7:00 – 9:30 p.m.: Dancing to live music from Breakers Yard
We’ll be at the Starker Arts Park, 4485 SW Country Club Dr., in the outdoor pavilion.
Style Your Swing
Our weekly practica continues on Thursday evenings through September 14.
Style Your Swing is part structured lesson, part guided practice, and a whole lot of dancing. Each week, we’ll have two different 40-minute lessons, followed by DJed swing music. Teachers will be around to give personalized feedback.
The event runs Thursdays, August 31 – September 14, from 8:00 to 9:30 p.m. at Odd Fellows Hall. Cover is a suggested donation of $5.
In the summer, we take a break from our regular schedule and host a special event each month.
- August 24: Swing Family Picnic
- September 9: Swing Dance in Independence
- September 29: First Friday Swing Dance of Fall
- Join us on third Wednesdays at 7 p.m. at Old World Deli to dance to the tunes of Gumbo.
- See you on the dance floor! 🙂