Spring events: dances, classes, live music, volunteer social.
Next Thursday, April 6, we’re hosting a free volunteer social at Odd Fellows Hall. This is a space for new and old members of the Corvallis Swing community to come together. Everyone is welcome!
It’s a potluck affair, beginning at 7 p.m. We’ll have a discussion about future plans for the community as well as a short presentation from the organizing council.
The last hour will be reserved for dancing and socializing.
First Friday Swing Dance of Spring
Swing dancing returns to OSU on Friday, April 7.
- 8 – 9 p.m.: Beginner Charleston lesson taught by Lindsey and Melody
- 9 – 11 p.m.: Dancing to music DJed by Eileen, Annie, and Laurel
We’ll be at the OSU Women’s Building, room 116, and cover for the evening is $5.
The Corvallis Swing Dance Society and Red Star Dance Studios are offering the following classes this April.
- Intermediate Lindy Hop: Mondays, April 3 – 24
- Beginning Charleston: Tuesdays, April 11 – 25
- Beginning Balboa: Thursdays, April 20 – May 11
- April 7: First Friday Swing Dance of Spring
- April 22: Downtown Swing Dance
- April 28: Friday Swing Dance at OSU
- May 13: Spring Swing Dance Workshops & Downtown Swing Dance
- Check out live music from Gumbo at Old World Deli. We’ll be dancing there on the third Wednesday of every month, 7:00 – 8:30 p.m., starting April 19.