Dance in Independence Saturday. Picnic upcoming.
This Saturday, August 20, we’re traveling to Independence, Oregon to host our first ever out-of-town swing dance. Help us share the culture of swing dancing with the fine folks of this town.
- 6:20 p.m.: Carpool leaves from Corvallis
- 7:00 – 8:00 p.m.: Beginner Charleston lesson with Kelley Hungerford and Lindsey Almarode
- 8:00 – 10:00 p.m.: Dancing to swing music DJed by Zach, Dakota, and Eileen
We’ll be at Maxine’s Ballroom, 120 C St., Independence. Cover for the evening is $5.
Swing Family Picnic
Join us on Thursday, September 1 for our fourth annual Swing Family Picnic. We’re celebrating our dance community with a potluck, games, dancing, and live music from Breakers Yard.
The festivities begin at 6 p.m. at the Starker Arts Park amphitheater in southwest Corvallis. There is no cover for the evening, but tipping the band is highly encouraged.
We’ll provide fixings for burgers (meat and vegetarian). Please bring a potluck dish to share.
Fall dance schedule
- Fridays at OSU: 9/30, 10/21, 11/4, and 12/2
- Saturdays at Odd Fellows Hall: 10/15, 11/19, and 12/10