Dance and Workshops Saturday. Live music May 20.
This Saturday, May 14, we have a series of beginning workshops as well as our monthly dance at Odd Fellows Hall.
Designed with a beginner in mind, the workshops will cover the fundamentals of swing dance, including 6 count swing, Charleston, and some 8 count Lindy hop.
The workshops run from 1:30 to 4:30 p.m. and the cost is $30. Registration is availabe at lindyhoppers.co.
Nika and Mateo of Track Town Swing Club will be teaching their last lesson in Corvallis for quite a while as they’re graduating in June. Corvallis Swing DJs, Sophie, Zach, and Rian, will be keeping the music going for the next three hours.
- 7 – 8 p.m.: Beginner swing dance lesson with Nika and Mateo
- 8 – 11 p.m.: Swing Music DJed by Sophie, Zach, and Rian
We’ll be at Odd Fellows Hall, 223 SW 2nd St., and cover for the evening is $5-7.
- Saturday, May 14: Downtown Swing Dance. 7 p.m.
- Friday, May 20: Friday Swing Dance at OSU. Live music from Gumbo. 8 p.m.
- Saturday, June 4: Downtown Swing Dance. Live music from Swing & A Ms. 7 p.m.
- We’ll be dancing at Old World Deli during the Corvallis Arts Walk on Thursday, May 19, at 5:45 p.m.
- Local swing band, Gumbo, plays most Saturdays at the Corvallis Farmers’ Market.
- See you on the dance floor! 🙂