Free live music this Saturday. Spring schedule.
Local swing band, Gumbo, is returning to Odd Fellows Hall for our monthly swing & blues dance this Saturday, March 14. As part of the Rhapsody in the Vineyard wine walk, the dance will be free of charge.
Avery will be teaching the intro swing lesson before the dance. Zach and Laurel will be our DJs during the band break and the blues set.
We'll be at Odd Fellows Hall, 223 SW 2nd St, in Corvallis. RSVP on Facebook.
Spring 2015 dance schedule
- Friday dances at OSU: April 3, April 24, May 8, and May 29.
- Saturday dances at Odd Fellows: April 11, May 16, June 6
- Friday workshop at OSU: May 15
Community lesson series
This spring, our community is offering three different swing lesson series.
Brad Yentzer and Krista Barzen-Hanson are teaching two lesson series, running Thursdays, March 19 - April 16.
- Beginning 6-count east coast swing: 6:30 - 7:30 p.m.
- Beginning 8-count Lindy hop: 7:30 - 8:30 p.m.
Phil Manijak and Kelley Hungerford are teaching a 4-week Charleston series, starting Tuesday, April 7 at 8 p.m.
All three lesson series will be held at Odd Fellows Hall.
- Save the date: We're offering a swing dance workshop at OSU on May 15. It will be open to the community.
- Have a great spring break!